API Implementation of the ISO-TP Standard (ISO 15765-2)
ISO-TP (ISO 15765-2) is an international standard for the transfer of data packages via CAN. Above CAN (OSI layers 1 and 2), the protocol covers the OSI layers 3 (Network Layer) and 4 (Transport Layer). It can transmit data packages of up to 4 GBytes per message. The data bytes are transmitted segmented with multiple CAN frames.
The PCAN-ISO-TP API implements the functionality of the standard on the basis of 10 functions. They are categorized in Allocation, Configuration, Address Mapping Configuration, Information, and Communication.
PCAN-ISO-TP uses the PCAN-Basic programming interface to access the CAN hardware in the computer. PCAN-Basic is supplied with each CAN interface of PEAK-System.
- Implementation of the ISO-TP protocol (ISO 15765-2:2016) for the transfer of data packages up to 4 GBytes via the CAN bus
- Windows DLLs for the development of 32-bit and 64-bit applications
- Thread-safe API
- Physical communication via CAN or CAN FD using a CAN interface of the PCAN series
- Uses the PCAN-Basic programming interface to access the CAN hardware in the computer
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System
- PCAN-Basic API
Scope of Supply
- Interface DLLs for Windows (32/64-bit)
- Examples and header files for all common programming languages
- Documentation in PDF format