CSS Contactless CAN Bus Reader
Need to log CAN bus data directly from the CAN H/L wiring harness?
Now you can, without cutting CAN wires.
CSS contactless CAN reader parses the raw CAN data to your CAN logger via non-invasive electromagnetic fields – ensuring your warranty is kept.
CSS adapter is particularly compact and robust, making it ideal for permanent installations.
About the CSS contactless CAN reader
CSS adapter enables safe reading of data from the CAN L/H wiring harness (e.g. in vehicles / machinery). It can be used to connect your CAN logger e.g. when connectors are not available or if preferred for warranty reasons.
Comparison vs. CANCrocodile
CSS adapter provides almost identical functionality to the CSS CANCrocodile (CH1). This adapter is slightly more compact, making it ideal for long-term installations. On the other hand, the CSS CANCrocodile also supports 1M bit-rates and has two LEDs, which may be preferable in some use cases.
Connect the adapter as follows:
- Carefully open the housing with a plastic pry tool as per the visual
- Correctly insert the CAN-H/CAN-L wires on the marked surface
- Close the housing, engaging the latch
- Optionally seal the housing (recommended)
Next, connect your CAN logger:
- Connect the DB9 to the CANedge CH1
- Connect the DC connector to a power supply (e.g. cigarette receptacle)
- Configure your bit-rate to match the CAN bus (auto-detect will not work)
- Ensure your CAN logger is not using silent mode
|DB9-to-Molex Length||100 cm|
|DB9-to-DC Length||20 cm|
|Adapter DC Connector||5.5 mm (ID) x 2.1 mm (CPD)|
|Adapter Head||40 x 18 x 17 mm|
|DB9 Adapter Pins||In accordance with CiA 303-1|
|Compatibility||High Speed CAN Bus (ISO 11898-2) incl. SAE J1939, OBD2, NMEA, CANopen|
|Bit Rates||from 5K up to 500K (1M and/or CAN FD are not supported)|
|Nominal Supply Voltage||10-30 V|
|Current Consumption||At 12V less than 6.9 mA (working)|
|Temperature||Operating temperature: -25degC to +85degC|
|Weight (excl. CAN logger)||80G|
DB9 Adapter pinout
|DB9 (female)||Function||DC Connector|