Unified Core Network solution for GSM/3G/LTE and 5G SA/NSA
JSON API for YateUCN Configuration
Unified 5G/EPC core network
The YateUCN5G is a unified core network solution intended for new 5G SA / NSA networks combined with LTE networks.
The YateUCN software-defined core implements all the functions and protocols of the LTE core network in software, and uses commodity hardware. It integrates the EPC layers MME, S-GW, P-GW, and PCEF.
It communicates with the 5G gNodeB using NGAP/GTP and LTE eNodeB over S1AP/GTP protocols and uses a JSON API for configuration and management.
Remote access for operations and management
YateUCN5G is easy to operate and manage remotely using the Yate Mobile Management Interface (MMI) online. The interface makes it accessible to add a new YateUCN5G unit, to setup a cluster of YateUCN5Gs, to configure a single YateUCN5G function (SGW, PGW, SMF, AMF, UPF, SMSF), to configure YateUCN5G equipment with all its 5G SA/5G NSA/LTE functions and more. With YateMMI operators can remotely manage their entire network equipment using a single web interface.
Features and benefits
- The YateUCN runs on commodity hardware, allowing for a simplified network architecture and lower deployment costs
- Enables carriers to deploy LTE networks with reduced initial investment.
- Allows for scaling as you go. You can add more servers or separate the functionality as more users adopt your service.
- Increases network resiliency? in case of equipment failure you can easily configure another server to take up the functions of the fault node.
- Has low idle traffic, which allows transport technologies like satellite
- SIGTRAN, SCTP with CRC checksum
- M2UA, M2PA, M3UA
- ITU MTP, SCCP, TCAP
- ANSI MTP, SCCP
- ITU MAP v3
- CAMEL phase 2
- SIP and RTP
- ISUP using external MGCP gateway
- E.212 (ANSI)
- E.214 (ITU) translation table
- ETSI MAP v3
- S1AP r11
- GTP v1, GTP v2
- Supported operations:
- MME <-> AuC messages (authentication)
- MME <-> EIR messages (equipment identification, optional)
- MME <-> HLR messages (data mobility management, roaming)
- Supported standards (RFC3261)
- Registrar function
- B2BUA for calls
- RTP (RFC3550) with sideband DTMF (RFC2833)
- SMS and USSD over IP
- Format: SMS PDU (MO and MT)
- MAP/SS7 transport (T-PDU format)
- SIP MESSAGE transport (SMS over IP, R-PDU format)
- File format
- Rotation interval
- File transfer: FTP
- C Interface (MAP, HLR <-> GMSC)
- S1 Interface (S1AP & GTP, ENodeB <-> EPC)
- Gi Interface (IP, connects to Public Data Network)
- Gn/Gp Interface (GTP, SGSN and GGSN)
- Gr Interface (MAP, SGSN <-> HSS)
- Gc Interface (GTP or SS7/MAP, interface to HLR) (optional)
CODECS and transcoders
- G.711a, G.711u
- GSM-FR 06.10
- Linux based