- Variable image acquisition rates (up to 10 fps acquisition)
- Variable image sizes (640×480, 320×240, 128×160, or 128×120)
- Compression quality (high, medium, low), zoom, and contrast can
- When paired with the FlashCore-B, the Eye-J becomes a low-power,
stand-alone, < $80 (OEM quantities) programmable camera backed
by PC-compatible FAT16 CompactFlash storage.
- When paired with the Ethernet-Engine, the Eye-J becomes an inexpensive remote
The EyeJ (EJ) color image sensor module is an affordable solution for high quality, embedded image acquisition.
It is designed to be driven by TERNs C/C++ programmable controllers, like the Ethernet-Engine or FlashCore-B.
The EJ integrates a VGA(640×480 pixels) CMOS color image sensor, embedded JPEG encoder, wide viewing angle micro lens, and a high speed parallel host interface.
Using the embedded real-time JPEG encoder for compression greatly reduces image file size. A raw VGA color image file can be more than 300KB+, and require seconds to process and transmit.
In contrast, a real-time compressed JPEG file can be 30KB typically. The reduced image size allows real time image transfer over RS232, Radio MODEM, USB, Ethernet, or storage into a CompactFlash card.
Includes Low power CMOS VGA(640×480) Image Sensor, Embedded real time JPEG encoder, Parallel 8-bit Host interface for fast access, 2.0×1.2?, 5V DC Power, Wide viewing angle Micro Lens, C/C++ programmable and driven by TERN controller.