- Measures 3.6×2.3×0.3 inches
- 16-bit CPU (Am186ER), 40 MHz, w/ 32 KB internal SRAM
- 16-bit CPU (RDC1100), 80 Mhz
- Temperature (sample): -40 to 85 C
- 110/20 mA at 5V, normal/power-save
- 256 KW 16-bit Flash, 256 KW 16-bit SRAM optional, 512-byte EEPROM
- 40+ TTL I/Os, real-time clock
- 3 serial ports, PWM, counters
- 8 parallel ADC (AD7852), and 8 16-bit ADC (ADS8344)
- 4 parallel DAC (DA7625), and 2 serial DAC (DAC7612)
The RE features fast execution times through 16-bit ACTF Flash (256 KW) and battery-backed SRAM (256 KW); it also includes 3 timers, PWMs, 32 PIOs, 24 PPIs, 512-byte serial EEPROM, an internal UART, a sync serial port, 3 timer/counters, and a watchdog timer.
The three 16-bit timers can be used to count or time external events, up to 10 MHz, or to generate non-repetitive or variable-duty-cycle waveforms as PWM outputs. The 32 PIO pins from the Am186ER are multifunctional and user programmable.
A serial real timer clock (DS1337, Dallas) is a low power clock/calendar with two time-of-day alarms and a programmable square-wave output. A Dual UART (SCC2692 or SC26C92). provide two channels of full-duplex asynchronous receivers and transmitters; this combines with a single port available from the processor for a total of three RS-232 serial ports. (This differs from most other core Engine controllers, offering 2 ports through the processor.)
The receivers are quadruple buffered to minimize the potential of receiver overrun or to reduce interrupt overhead. The UARTs incorporate 9-bit mode for multi-processor communications. Each UART also offer 7 TTL inputs and 8 TTL outputs. The PPI (82C55) provides an additional 24 user programmable bi-directional I/Os.
The 16-bit ADC (ADS8344) has 8 channels of analog inputs with single ended 0-5V input range, supporting a sample rate of up to 20 KHz. The DAC (DAC7612) supports two channels of 12-bit, 0-4.095V analog voltage outputs capable of sinking or sourcing 5 mA. A high speed parallel ADC (AD7852, 300KHz, 8 ch., 12-bit, 0-5V), and a parallel DAC (DA7625, 5 ms, 4 ch, 12-bit, 0-2.5V) can be installed.
Similar controllers include the R-Engine-A, which adds more ADC/DACs as well as a CompactFlash adapter. The R-Drive adds even more, including solenoid drivers as well as an Ethernet adapter.
Includes either: Am186ER 40 MHz with 32 KB internal SRAM or, RDC R1100 80 MHz CPU with no internal SRAM, 32 I/Os, 3 UARTs, 3 timers, 82C55 with 24 I/O lines, watchdog timer, 512 byte EE, 64 KW (128 KB) SRAM, 256 KW (512 KB) Flash. Does not include add-on options, OEM option discounts available.
- SRAM: 256 KW
- Real-time clock and battery
- 4 ch. 12-bit DAC (DAC7625) 200 Khz
- 2 ch. 12-bit DAC (DAC7612)x2
- 8 ch. 12-bit ADC 300 KHz (AD7852)
- 8 ch. 16-bit ADC (ADS8344)
- Sockets for expansion: two 20×2 one 25×2