Windows Software for Splitting Trace Data
Software like PCAN-Explorer or PCAN-View use the text-based file format *.trc from PEAK-System for recording CAN messages. Depending on the number of incoming CAN channels, the occurring message traffic, and the recording duration, very large files can be generated, which can be difficult to process further.
For this problem the free PEAK-Trace Splitter offers a simple solution. The Windows software can split large trace files into several smaller files.
- Splitting large trace files into several smaller files
- Splitting of trace files according to a maximum file size, recording duration, or number of messages with an optional offset
- Support of all versions of PEAK-System’s text-based file format (*.trc) for recording CAN messages
- Flexible configurable naming of the generated files
- Optional for the first or all generated files: Reset the first timestamp to 0 and adjust the following messages accordingly
- Step-by-step user guidance with integrated help
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System