PCAN-Symbol Editor 3
Windows Software for Creating and Editing Symbol Files
The symbol format developed by PEAK-System translates the hexadecimal display used for CAN data traffic into a format that the user can understand.
To create a symbol, names are first assigned to the individual CAN IDs. The interpretation and presentation of CAN data is defined using variables with various parameters, such as name and output format. The symbol created in this manner enables easy allocation of incoming and outgoing CAN messages and ensures that the CAN data is readable.
The free PCAN-Symbol Editor uses clearly structured menus and a graphical representation of symbols to enable convenient creation and editing of symbol files.
- Symbolic representation of CAN messages through the assigning of alphanumeric names
- Complies with CAN specifications 2.0 A/B
- Bit-exact division of the data into variables for assigning name, data type, list of values, scaling, offset etc.
- Supports data processing in accordance with IEEE 754 as well as in the Intel and Motorola format
- Set up user-defined outputs using lists of values (Enums)
- Use of multiplexers for outputting CAN data of a single CAN ID with different symbol definitions
- The graphic representation of symbols and the automatic error detection allow easy creation of symbol files
- The Item Navigator and the search function allow targeted access to all elements of the symbol files
- Create virtual variables for CAN-independent inputs and outputs and macro calculations (in conjunction with PCAN-Explorer only)
- Importing of CANdb files into the symbol data format and vice versa (requires the PCAN-Explorer Add-In CANdb Import)
- Supports symbols for J1939 message formats (requires the PCAN-Explorer Add-In J1939)
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
Scope of Supply
- PCAN-Symbol Editor 3 software
- Documentation in HTML Help format