Windows Software for the Presentation and Processing of OBD-2 Data
The OBD-2 standard defines the exchange of specific vehicle parameters for on-board diagnostics. As part of OBD-2, the ISO 15765-4 standard describes the CAN bus as a transmission option.
With the Windows software PCAN-OBD-2 Viewer OBD-2 data can be read out from connected control units (ECUs) via the CAN bus for presentation and further processing.
The application was implemented based on the programming interface PCAN-OBD-2 API by PEAK-System and is available free of charge for users of PEAK CAN adapters.
- On-board diagnostics according to the standard OBD-2 (ISO 15765-4)
- Physical communication via CAN using a CAN interface of the PCAN series
- Support of all OBD-2 services that can be transmitted with CAN
- Configurable graphical data representation on analog and digital instruments in a virtual cockpit
- Saving and loading of configurations
- Display of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and available test results
- Reading of data that is recorded if an error occurs (Freeze Frames)
- Listing emission-related data. Optional display of individual parameters as a graph
- Exporting graphs and records of the OBD-2 communication
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System
Scope of Supply
- PCAN-OBD-2 Viewer software
- Documentation in PDF format (English)