RP1210 Development Package and RP1210 Connectivity to PEAK CAN Interfaces
The Recommended Practice 1210 was defined by the Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) as a standardized API for communication between Windows applications and communication networks in vehicles.
The PCAN-RP1210 API by PEAK-System is an implementation of the RP1210 version C with support for CAN, J1939, and ISO-TP networks. Thus, the API makes it possible to develop own RP1210 applications and to use already existing applications with CAN interfaces from PEAK-System.
The API is supplied as a setup package along with documentation and additional software. The DLLs required for using RP1210 software with PC CAN interfaces can be installed with the device driver setup.
- RP1210 Version C implementation according to the specification by TMC
- Development of own RP1210 applications
- Thread-safe API
- Use of RP1210 applications with PEAK CAN interfaces
- Support of CAN, SAE J1939, and ISO-TP (ISO 15765-2)
Note: The development on the RP1210 version A implementation was discontinued since version A was superseded by version C.
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- For the CAN bus connection: PC CAN interface from PEAK-System
Scope of Supply
- PCAN-RP1210 API
- RP1210 connection test application
- Documentation in PDF format
- Documentation in HTML Help format
Note: The PCAN-RP1210 setup only provides the installation of the RP1210-C implementation. However, the professional development package PCAN-Developer still offers the installation of the outdated version A. This allows customers to keep the way how they deliver and install applications developed for RP1210-A using the PCAN-Developer redistributable package.