Windows Software for Direct Access to PCAN-Gateways
The Virtual PCAN-Gateway software package provides access for Windows computers to devices of the PCAN-Gateway product line over IP-based networks. Various LAN and WLAN network adapters can be used.
Analog to the bidirectional connection of two PCAN-Gateways, message forwarding with so-called routes must be set up between the hardware and the software. At first, two routes have to be created on the configuration website of the hardware, one for sending and another for receiving. Then, the appropriate counterparts of these routes must be established within the configuration software.
Due to this connection, the PCAN-Gateways are being integrated in the established PCAN environment and can be used like a conventional PEAK CAN interface. For example, the traffic on the CAN channels can be displayed and traced by the PCAN-View CAN monitor.
Note: The software requires a PCAN-Gateway as a counterpart. It is not possible to establish a connection between two computers with the Virtual PCAN-Gateway.
- Supports the operating systems Windows 11, 10, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- Connection of several PCAN-Gateways with a computer via IP-based networks
- Optional use of different LAN and WLAN network adapters
- Configuration software to set up and manage message forwarding
- Windows 11, 10, 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- At least 2 GB RAM and 1.5 GHz CPU
- LAN- or WLAN network interface
Scope of Supply
- Virtual PCAN-Gateway software package consisting of configuration software, Windows service, and driver
- Documentation in PDF format