6-Channel CAN and CAN FD Interface for High-Speed USB 2.0
With the Peak System PCAN-USB X6, you can connect up to 6 CAN FD or CAN buses to the USB Port.The device is therefore best suited for working with multiple CAN networks like the use in test benches with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulations for motor vehicles or in the product line testing of CAN-based products.
PCAN-USB X6 is available with D-Sub or M12 circular connectors and comes in an aluminum profile housing. Especially the M12 version is suitable for use in harsh environments. In addition, a galvanic isolation of up to 300 Volts between the PC and the CAN side is guaranteed for the decoupled versions.
There are several key characteristics of the new CAN FD standard (CAN with Flexible Data Rate), including a higher bandwidth for data.The maximum of 64 data bytes per CAN FD frame (instead of 8 so far) can be transmitted with bit rates upto 12 Mbit/s. CAN FD is downward-compatible to the CAN 2.0 A/B standard, thus CAN FD nodes can be used in existing CAN networks. However, in this case the CAN FD extensions are not applicable.
A development tool called PCAN-Basic will be included as part of the supply scope and it will support the CAN FD standard. The PCAN-View monitor software and PCAN-Basic programming interface are also included.
PCAN-USB X6 with D-Sub connectors
PCAN-USB X6 with M12 circular connectors galv. isolated
PCAN-USB X6 with D-Sub connectors galv. isolated
ISO / Non-ISO CAN FD:
Since the first implementations of CAN FD, the protocol has been improved and is now included in the standard ISO 11898-1. It is not possible to use the original protocol with the revised standard CAN FD.
Peak System takes this into account by supporting both protocol versions with their CAN FD interfaces. So that the user can choose between “Non-ISO” and “ISO” CAN FD protocols based on the environment where they are working.
- CAN-FD interface for High-speed USB 2.0 (compatible to USB 1.1 and USB 3.0)
- 6 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Comply with CAN specifications 2.0 A/B and FD
- CAN FD support for ISO and Non-ISO standards switchable
- CAN FD bit rates for the data field (64 bytes max.) from 25 kbit/s up to 12 Mbit/s
- CAN bit rates from 25 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- FPGA implementation of the CAN FD controller
- NXP TJA1044GT CAN transceiver
- Alternative pluggable transceiver modules on request
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to
- 300 V (only for IPEH-004063 and IPEH-004064)
- Status LEDs for CAN channels, USB upstream, and power supply
- CAN connection via D-Sub, 9-pin or M12 circular connectors, 5-pin (pin assignment of both connectors in accordance with CiA 303-1)
- Aluminum casing with increased Ingress Protection IP64 (only for IPEH-004063)
- High-speed USB 2.0 downstream port (only for IPEH-004062 and IPEH-004064)
- CAN termination can be activated through a solder jumper, separately for each CAN channel
- Measurement of bus load including error frames and overload frames on the physical bus
- Induced error generation for incoming and outgoing CAN messages
- Voltage supply from 8 to 30 V
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
Scope of Supply
- PCAN-USB X6 in aluminum casing
- IPEH-004062 and IPEH-004064: Mating connector for power supply (Phoenix Contact MC1,5/2-STF-3,81 – 1827703)
- IPEH-004063: Cables for power supply and USB connection
- Device drivers for Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and Linux (32/64-bit)
- CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows
- Programming interface PCAN-Basic for developing applications with CAN connection
- Programming interfaces for standardized protocols from the automotive sector
- Manual in PDF format
Please note: The scope of supply does not contain a power supply unit for the device. While connecting the USB port to the PC, there is no need for a power supply.