PCAN-PCI Express FD
CAN and CAN FD Interface for PCI Express
Peak System plug-in card PCAN-PCI Express FD allows the connection of a PC with PCI Express slots to CAN FD and CAN networks, also there is galvanic isolation of up to 500 Volts between the computer and CAN sides. The card is available as a single, dual, or four-channel version.
The new CAN FD standard (CAN with Flexible Data rate) is primarily characterized by higher bandwidth for data transfer. The maximum of 64 data bytes per CAN FD frame (instead of 8 so far) can be transmitted with bit rates up to 12 Mbit/s. CAN FD is downward-compatible to the CAN 2.0 A/B standard, thus CAN FD nodes can be used in existing CAN networks. However, in this case the CAN FD extensions are not applicable.
The monitor software PCAN-View and the programming interface PCAN-Basic for the development of applications with CAN connection are included in the scope of supply and support the new standard CAN FD.
PCAN-PCI Express FD Single Channel
PCAN-PCI Express FD Dual Channel
PCAN-PCI Express FD Four Channel
ISO / Non-ISO CAN FD:
Since the first implementations of CAN FD, the protocol has been improved and is now included in the standard ISO 11898-1. Therefore the revised CAN FD standard is not compatible with the original protocol.
PEAK-System takes this into account by supporting both protocol versions with their CAN FD interfaces. If required, the user can also switch to the CAN FD protocol used in the environment by software („Non-ISO“ and „ISO“).
- PC plug-in card (PCIe x1) for PCI Express slots
- 1, 2, or 4 High-speed CAN channels
- (ISO 11898-2)
- Complies with CAN specifications 2.0 A/B and FD
- CAN FD support for ISO and Non-ISO standards switchable
- CAN FD bit rates for the data field (64 bytes max.) from 25 kbit/s up to 12 Mbit/s
- CAN bit rates from 25 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- CAN bus connection via D-Sub, 9-pin
- (in accordance with CiA 303-1)
- FPGA implementation of the CAN FD controller
- NXP TJA1044GT CAN transceiver
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to
- 500 V, separate for each CAN channel
- CAN termination can be activated through a solder jumper, separately for each CAN channel
- PCIe data transfer via bus master DMA
- DMA memory access operations with 32- and 64-bit addresses
- Measurement of bus load including error frames and overload frames on the physical bus
- Induced error generation for incoming and outgoing CAN messages
- 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection can be connected through a solder jumper, e.g. for external bus converter
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
Scope of Supply
- Plug-in card PCAN-PCI Express FD
- Slot bracket with D-Sub connectors for the CAN bus (only four-channel version)
- Device drivers for Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and Linux (32/64-bit)
- CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows
- Programming interface PCAN-Basic for developing applications with CAN connection
- Programming interfaces for standardized protocols from the automotive sector
- Manual in PDF format