CAN Interface for the ExpressCard/54 Slot
Peak System PCAN-ExpressCard provides a connection between a CAN bus and a laptop or desktop PC with an ExpressCard slot.
The card is available in single and dual-channel versions. There are also galvanically separated versions which guarantee galvanic separation up to a maximum of 300 Volts between the PC and CAN sides.
The package is also supplied with the CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows and the programming interface PCAN-Basic.
PCAN-ExpressCard Single Channel
PCAN-ExpressCard Single Channel galv. isolated
- Card for the ExpressCard slot
- Form factor ExpressCard/54
- 1 or 2 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- CAN bus connection via D-Sub, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 303-1)
- NXP SJA1000 CAN controller, 16 MHz clock frequency
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- Software option to switch a 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection, e.g. for external bus converter
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 300 V, separate for each CAN channel (only for IPEH-003002 and IPEH-003003)
- Operating temperature range from 0 to 70 °C (32 to 158 °F)
Scope of Supply
- PCAN-ExpressCard CAN interface
- Device drivers for Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and Linux (32/64-bit)
- CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows
- Programming interface PCAN-Basic for developing applications with CAN connection
- Programming interfaces for standardized protocols from the automotive sector
- Manual in PDF format