CAN and CAN FD Repeater for the Decoupling of Bus Segments
The PCAN-Repeater DR establishes a connection between two High-speed CAN buses with galvanic isolation of up to 5 kV. Both CAN channels are decoupled from each other and from the power supply. All message traffic including error frames is forwarded 1:1 between both channels, if necessary, in one direction only. The PCAN-Repeater DR behaves passively and is transparent from the perspective of the CAN bus. LEDs display the current bus status. With its DIN rail casing and extended temperature range support, this module is suitable for use in an industrial environment.
The PCAN-Repeater DR can be used in CAN FD buses with data bit rates up to 4 Mbit/s and nominal bit rates up to 1 Mbit/s.
Due to the CAN protocol, the maximum length of a CAN bus depends on the bit rate. Therefore, a bus cannot be extended with the PCAN-Repeater DR. The physical total length of the CAN bus is reduced with each built-in PCAN-Repeater DR according to its signal delay.
- Two High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- Suitable for the use in CAN FD buses with data bit rates up to 4 Mbit/s and nominal bit rates up to 1 Mbit/s
- Connections for CAN and power supply via 4-pin screw terminal block (Phoenix)
- LEDs display CAN bus load and CAN errors
- Each CAN channel can be selectively terminated
- Galvanic isolation rated up to 5 kV according to IEC60601-1, between both CAN channels and between CAN and power supply
- Listen-only mode for CAN channel 1 or CAN channel 2 can be switched selectively
- Plastic casing (width: 22.5 mm) for mounting on a
- DIN rail (DIN EN 60715 TH35)
- Voltage supply from 8 to 30 V
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
Scope of Supply
- PCAN-Repeater DR in DIN rail plastic casing
- 3 mating connectors for power supply and CAN connections (Phoenix Contact MSTB 2,5/4-ST BK – 1756298)
- Manual in PDF format