Optical Coupler for CAN and CAN FD Data Transmission
For use in explosion-proof areas or for EMC measurements, the PCAN-LWL can be used to replace a stretch of CAN network with a fiber-optic line at any point. There are the options of conversion to High-speed CAN or Low-speed CAN. The modules are supplied with power externally.
The PCAN-LWL can be used in CAN FD buses with data bit rates up to 5 Mbit/s and nominal bit rates up to 500 kbit/s.
- LED display for transceiver status
- High-speed CAN: AMIS 30660 transceiver, max. 500 kbit/s, switchable 120-Ohm bus termination
- Low-speed CAN: TJA1055 transceiver, max. 125 kbit/s, switchable 510-Ohm / 5.6-kOhm bus termination, bus error display
- Complies with CAN specifications 2.0 A/B
- Suitable for the use in CAN FD buses with data bit rates up to 5 Mbit/s and nominal bit rates up to 500 kbit/s
- The fiber-optic line consists of a 62.5/125 µm fibre-optic duplex line with ST connectors
- Aluminum casing
- CAN bus connection via D-Sub, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA 303-1)
- Supply voltage: 6.5 – 30 V
- Supply via D-Sub 9-pin or DC connector (jumper)
- Operating temperature range from 0 to 70 °C
- (32 to 158 °F)
Scope of Supply
- 2 CAN to optical waveguide converters including power supply units. Delivered in shockproof plastic box
- A choice of 5 or 10 m FO cable, 62.5 / 125 µm duplex line ST connector. Other lengths available on request
- Manual in PDF format
Also available with Single-wire CAN transceiver on request.