emotas CANopen Bootloader
An increasing number of CANopen devices need bootloaders to update firmware in the field. The use of a complete CANopen stack for the bootloader is mostly unsuitable, because of the large flash memory footprint.
To avoid this waste of flash memory, emotas developed a new CANopen Bootloader that needs only few memory resources. The bootloader supports the necessary services (SDO, NMT slave, heartbeat producer) and objects. So resource saving 6 to 8 KiB of flash memory are sufficient for the emotas bootloader – and it is still CANopen compatible.
The CANopen Bootloader is available for different 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers and can easily be adapted to other targets. SDO block transfer is optionally availabe as well. It is delivered as ANSI-C source code and thus can be extended by customers e.g. with a password protection mechanism, firmware encryption or a manufacturer-specific back door.
- Segmented SDO Transfer
- SDO Block Transfer
- Only little flash resources needed
- ANSI-C compiler
Scope of delivery/Licensing
- Bootloader source code (ANSI-C compatible)
- Driver adjustment for CAN/CPU
- 1 single-user license of our CANopen UpdateManager
- Ready to run example application
- User manual and reference manual in electronic format
- Available as Project License (valid for 1 project and 1 hardware) or
Site License (1 development site valid for all products)
- Incl. 6 months (Project License) or 24 months (Site License) support
|on request||emotas CANopen Bootloader|