CANopen Master API
Software package for the development of CANopen
service and test applications under Windows
The CANopen Master API is a software package targeted at rapid development of CANopen master applications on a PC using Windows.
Features and Benefits
- Transmitting and receiving of SDOs (SDO client functionality) with unlimited data length (expedited, non-expedited, block transfer)
- Transmitting and receiving PDOs (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Receiving emergency messages
- Transmission of SYNC messages with support for the enhanced SYNC functionality introduced with CiA 301 V4.2
- Transmitting the time stamp message
- NMT master functions for slave control and monitoring via boot-up, node guarding or heartbeat
- LSS master functionality including support for LSS fastscan according to CiA 305 V2.2
- Processing of EDS/DCF and CDC device configuration files
How it works
The software package consists of two components: The CANopen master software (firmware) and a programming interface in the form of a Windows DLL. The firmware implements all master services and independently manages the CANopen communication processes leaving the PC available for the application program.
The application accesses data of remote CANopen devices via a function interface which supports both SDO and PDO services. Compared to intermediate data storage in the form of a local object dictionary, the advantage of this approach is that the data is immediately available to the application and can be directly processed without introducing any further latency.
The software has full control of all CANopen services allowing the user to implement complex control algorithms. The balance provided by the CANopen Master API makes it ideally suited for both the development of control programs and for the implementation of service and test programs.
The CANopen Master API comes with example programs for a multitude of programming languages to enable the user to quickly develop CANopen applications in his preferred development environment. Directly supported are:
- Microsoft Visual Studio (C#, VB.NET, C++)
- Embarcadero (Delphi, C++Builder)
- National Instruments LabVIEW
Supported CAN interfaces
An application program based on the CANopen Master API can be used without modifications with all IXXAT CAN and CAN FD interfaces. The CANopen Master API supports multiple CAN boards in parallel, and depending on the hardware, up to four independent CAN channels per card.
For the CAN-IB200/400 and CAN@net II/VCI an active firmware is included, which runs directly on the microcontroller system of the CAN interface. For all other CAN interfaces a special firmware is provided for executing the protocol specific tasks on the host PC.
Contents of delivery
- CANopen Master API software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10 (all 32 and 64 bit)
- Run-time license for one installation
- Manual, demo applications
|1.12.0132.00000||CANopen Master API|