Active USB Adapter
1 x CAN (High-Speed)
With its simplyCAN adapter HMS offers an easy and economical way to diagnose, configure and commission devices and systems on CAN. simplyCAN can be easily integrated into customer applications using a straightforward API and requires no driver installation for operation.
Features and benefits
- Inexpensive and easy to install – no driver installation required
- Simple API interface for fast integration into customer applications
- Optimized for diagnosis and commissioning of devices and systems with CAN bus interface
- Galvanic isolation prevents over-voltage damage
simplyCAN behaves like a standard serial USB device when connected to a USB port, the installation of a special driver under Windows 10 or Linux is therefore not required. For accessing the CAN functions of the simplyCAN adapter only a small number of functions is required, allowing easy and fast integration into customer applications.
Comparison of the different USB-CAN interfaces
HMS offers under the Ixxat brand different USB interfaces for CAN. Besides a one or two channel version and the support of CAN FD and LIN, also an embedded variant for implementation into customer devices is offered. An overview and comparison of the available USB interfaces can be found on the following page:
|PC bus interface||USB 1.1 Full-Speed (12 Mbit/s)|
|Fieldbus connection||according to CiA 303-1|
|CAN standard||CAN high-speed, according to ISO11898-2|
|CAN baudrates||10 kbit/s to 1 Mbit/s, only CiA recommended bit rates|
are supported: 10, 20, 50, 125, 250, 500, 800, 1000
|Galvanic isolation||800 V DC / 500 V AC for 1 min|
|Power supply||Via USB, 5 V DC/100 mA|
|Operating temperature||-20°C … 70°C|
|Dimensions||80 x 50 x 22 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 100 g|
|Supported operating systems||simplyCAN is tested on Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit) and Windows 10 (64 bit), |
Ubuntu 14.04 on Linux kernel version 4.4 as well as Ubuntu 18.04 on Linux kernel version 4.15 on Intel/AMD processors.
ARM based processors are not supported.
Contents of delivery
- Ixxat simplyCAN USB adapter
- The following is available via download from the webpage:
- User manual
- simplyCAN bus monitor for Windows and Linux
- Programming examples
- Programming API
- Installation file setup.bat (necessary for Windows 7)