Active CAN Interface for PMC
2 x CAN-FD, CAN, CAN Low-Speed, LIN
With the CAN-IB810/PMC (PCIexpress Mezzanine Format) HMS offers an interface board based on a modern and highly modular concept. The interface is available with two CAN-FD channels. Each channel can send and receive CAN-FD (ISO as well as non-ISO format) or CAN 2.0 A/B messages. With optional expansion modules the entire range of fieldbuses is covered by one card, from CAN-FD, CAN (ISO 11898-2), fault tolerant CAN (ISO 11898-3) to LIN.
Features and benefits
- Active card with 32 bit microcontroller
- Easy expandable with fieldbus expansions
- Two CAN / CAN-FD channels (CAN High-/Low-Speed optional switchable)
- LIN optional
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN interface
- Uniform driver packages support all IXXAT CAN and CAN-FD interfaces and allow easy change of the PC interface type
- Powerful programming interface for Windows “VCI” as well as “ECI” for Linux, QNX, RTX, INtime and VxWorks
The CAN-IB810/PMC is available with two CAN-FD channels with galvanic isolated interfaces. For use in the automotive field the high-speed CAN channels can optionally be switched to low-speed CAN via software. In addition, the card can be equipped with up to two LIN interfaces. Furthermore, the modular architecture of the interface card enables the easy extension with customer specific interfaces via piggyback modules.
Due to the high number of interfaces, the board is also suitable for demanding applications – such as
- test benches,
- manufacturing plants.
If necessary, the number of interface channels can be extended by using multiple cards within one PC.
|PC bus interface||PMC|
|PC address range||Plug & Play|
|Interrupts||Plug & Play|
|Microcontroller||32 bit microcontroller|
|CAN interface||2 CAN / CAN-FD interfaces; CAN 2.0 A/B; Sub-D9 plug according to CiA 303-1; Galvanic isolation (1 kV, 1 sec.)|
Optional: CAN Low-Speed (switchable via software between CAN High-Speed and Low-Speed)
|LIN interface||Optional: up to 2 LIN (ISO 9141) interfaces; Sub-D9 plug|
|CAN bitrates||10 kbit/s to 1 Mbit/s (high-speed)|
10 kbit/s to 125 kbit/s (low-speed)
|CAN FD bitrates||Arbitration rate up to 1000 kBit/s, data rate up to 8000 kbit/s. The data rates are verified by tests. User-defined bit rates are possible.|
Attention: The maximum data rate can be exceeded depending on the concrete operating conditions (cable length, settings made, remote stations,…), but it can also not be reached.
|Power supply||3.3 V DC, 600 mA typ.|
|Temperature range||-20 ºC … +70 ºC|
|Size||Approx. 74 x 149 mm|
Contents of delivery
- PC/CAN interface card, manual
- CAN driver VCI for Windows 11, Windows 10 (32/64) / Windows 8 (32/64) / Windows 7 (32/64) / Windows XP SP2 (older versions on request)
- Simple CAN monitor “miniMon”