Active CAN Interface for PMC
2-4 x CAN (High-/Low-Speed), LIN
With the CAN-IB410/PMC HMS offers an interface board based on a modern and highly modular concept for PMC systems (PCI Mezzanine Card). The board covers a wide range of field buses, such as CAN (ISO 11898-2), fault tolerant CAN (ISO 11898-3) and LIN.
Features and benefits
- Active board with 32 bit microcontroller
- Easy expandable via MultiCAN expansion and fieldbus expansion
- Up to four CAN channels (High-/Low-Speed optional switchable)
- LIN optional
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN interface
- Uniform driver packages support all Ixxat CAN and CAN-FD interfaces and allow easy change of the PC interface type
- Powerful programming interface for Windows “VCI” as well as “ECI” for Linux, QNX, RTX, INtime and VxWorks
The CAN-IB410/PMC is available with up to four CAN channels with galvanic isolated interfaces. For use in the automotive field the high-speed CAN channels can optionally be switched to low-speed CAN via software. In addition, the card can be equipped with up to two LIN interfaces. Furthermore, the modular architecture of the interface card enables the easy extension with customer specific interfaces via piggyback modules.
Due to the high number of interfaces, the board is also suitable for demanding applications – such as
- test benches,
- handling systems or
- manufacturing plants.
If necessary, the number of interface channels can be extended by using multiple cards within one PC.
|PC bus interface||PMC|
|PC address range||Plug & Play|
|Interrupts||Plug & Play|
|Microcontroller||32 bit microcontroller|
|CAN interface||2 or 4 CAN interfaces; CAN 2.0 A/B; Sub-D9 plug according to CiA 303-1; Galvanic isolation (1 kV, 1 sec.)|
Optional: CAN Low-Speed (switchable via software between CAN High-Speed and Low-Speed)
|LIN interface||Optional: up to 2 LIN (ISO 9141) interfaces; Sub-D9 plug|
|Power supply||3.3 V DC, 650 mA typ.|
|Temperature range||-20 ºC … +70 ºC|
|Size||Approx. 74 x 149 mm|
Contents of delivery
- PC/CAN interface card, manual
- CAN driver VCI for Windows 11, Windows 10 (32/64) / Windows 8 (32/64) / Windows 7 (32/64) / Windows XP SP2 (older versions on request)
- Simple CAN monitor “canAnalyser Mini”