Active CAN FD Interface for PCI Express
1-2 x CAN FD, CAN (High-Speed), CAN (Low-Speed)
With the CAN-IB600/PCIe HMS offers a CAN FD interface based on a modern and highly modular architecture concept. The interface is available with up to two CAN channels. Each CAN channel can send and receive either CAN FD or CAN 2.0A/B messages. Using the optional expansion modules, the entire range of fieldbuses can be covered with one card – from CAN-FD (ISO as well as non-ISO format), CAN (ISO 11898-2), fault tolerant CAN (ISO 11898-3) to LIN.
Features and benefits
- Active board with 32 bit microcontroller
- Up to two CAN channels (High-Speed CAN or CAN FD)
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN interface
- Common driver interface support all IXXAT CAN and CAN FD interfaces and allow easy change of the PC interface type
- Powerful programming interface for Windows “VCI” and “ECI” for Linux, QNX, RTX, INtime and VxWorks
The CAN-IB600/PCIe is an active interface which fulfills even high reqirements in data pre-processing, like intelligent data handling and active filtering of the received and transmitted messages.
If required, the number of CAN channels can be increased by using multiple CAN interfaces in one PC.
|PC bus interface||PCI express (V1.1)|
|PC address range||Plug & Play|
|Interrupts||Plug & Play|
|Microcontroller||32 bit microcontroller|
|CAN interface||1 or 2 CAN channels; CAN FD or CAN 2.0 A/B; Sub-D9 plugs according to CiA 303-1, galvanic isolation (1 kV, 1 sec.)|
|CAN bitrates||10 kbit/s to 1 Mbit/s (high-speed)|
10 kbit/s to 125 kbit/s (low-speed)
|CAN FD bitrates||Arbitration rate up to 1000 kBit/s, data rate up to 8000 kbit/s. The data rates are verified by tests. User-defined bit rates are possible.|
Attention: The maximum data rate can be exceeded depending on the concrete operating conditions (cable length, settings made, remote stations,…), but it can also not be reached.
|Power supply||3.3 V DC, 400 mA typ.|
|Temperature range||0 ºC … +70 ºC|
|Size||Approx. 65 x 105 mm (available as standard and low-profile version)|
Contents of delivery
- PC/CAN interface card, manual
- CAN driver VCI for Windows 11, Windows 10 (32/64) / Windows 8 (32/64) / Windows 7 (32/64) / Windows XP SP2 (older versions on request)
- Simple CAN monitor “canAnalyser Mini”