Active CAN Interface for PCI Express
1-4 x CAN (High-/Low-Speed), LIN
With the CAN-IB200/PCIe HMS offers an interface board based on a modern and highly modular concept. The board covers the entire range of field buses, such as CAN (ISO 11898-2), fault tolerant CAN (ISO 11898-3) and LIN, and is available with a standard or a low-profile slot bracket.
Features and benefits
- Active card with 32 bit microcontroller
- Easy expandable via field bus expansion and expansion board
- Up to four CAN channels (High-/Low-Speed optional switchable)
- LIN optional
- Available as standard and low-profile version
- Optional galvanic isolation of the CAN interface
- Uniform driver packages support all IXXAT CAN and CAN-FD interfaces and allow easy change of the PC interface type
- Powerful programming interface for Windows “VCI” as well as “ECI” for Linux, QNX, RTX, INtime and VxWorks
The CAN-IB200/PCIe is available with up to four CAN channels and can be delivered with galvanic isolated interfaces. For use in the automotive field the high-speed CAN channels can optionally be switched to low-speed CAN via software. In addition, the card can be equipped with up to four LIN interfaces. Furthermore, the modular architecture of the interface card enables the easy extension with customer specific interfaces via piggyback modules.
Due to the high number of interfaces, the board is also suitable for demanding applications – such as
- test benches,
- handling systems or
- manufacturing plants.
If necessary, the number of interface channels can be extended by using multiple cards within one PC.
The board is supported by the IXXAT driver packages and higher layer protocol APIs as well as by the IXXAT tool suite.
|PC bus interface||PCI express (V1.1)|
|PC address range||Plug & Play|
|Interrupts||Plug & Play|
|CAN interface||1, 2 or 4 CAN interfaces; CAN 2.0 A/B; Sub-D9 plug according to CiA 303-1|
Optional: CAN Low-Speed (switchable via software between CAN High-Speed and Low-Speed)
Optional: Galvanic isolation (1 kV, 1 sec.)
|LIN interface||Optional: up to 4 LIN (ISO 9141) interfaces; Sub-D9 plug|
|Power supply||3.3 V DC, 350 mA typ.|
|Temperature range||0 ºC … +70 ºC|
|Size||Approx. 65 x 105 mm (available as standard and low-profile version)|
Contents of delivery
- PC/CAN interface card, manual
- CAN driver VCI for Windows 11, Windows 10 (32/64) / Windows 8 (32/64) / Windows 7 (32/64) / Windows XP SP2 (older versions on request)
- Simple CAN monitor “canAnalyser Mini”
Standard Slot Bracket Version
Low Profile Slot Bracket Version
* this product variant is not recommended for new developments