The implementation of the Ixxat FSoE protocol software (Functional Safety over EtherCAT) is characterized by efficient protocol processing, which is essential for safe drive applications, for example. The FSoE software allows parallel instantiation, both for slave and master functionality, providing a multitude of communication options for the safe application. The clearly structured interfaces of the FSoE software also enables the use of different, non- safe EtherCAT communication interfaces, such as the Anybus CompactCom Module.
Features & benefits
- Supported standards: FSoE specification ETG.5100 S (R) V1.2.0
- Supported platforms: PC demo, TÜV pre-certified, Conformance pre-tested
- Operating system independent – Runs with and without operating system
- Simple connection to an non-safe EtherCAT communication module through abstraction layers
- Simplified integration and re-certification on any target system via included unit test suites and safety manual
- Multiple instances enable the parallel integration of master and slaves on one device
- Designed for applications according to IEC 61508 up to SIL-3
FSoE Stack Target Architecture
Maintenance and Support
HMS offers technical support within the scope of an extra charged maintenance contract. This includes technical support and consultation regarding the use of FSoE preferably by e-mail or the direct telephone support by a developer at HMS or at customer site.
Within the scope of a maintenance contract, new software versions are automatically sent to the customer free of charge; these include, among other things, bug fixes during the duration of the maintenance contract as well as changes due to adapted conformance tests.
- Technical support
Consultation regarding the usage of FSoE as well as concept and specification questions for safety relevant product or system solution.
- Hardware and software development services
As development partner we support you at the implementation and portation of FSoE, at the development of safety applications and safety hardware as well as at the certification. By this, you can benefit from our comprehensive FSoE know-how and our competence in the development of safety hardware and software.
Not sure in advance if the Ixxat Safe software matches to your needs? No problem, contact the HMS sales team and ask for an evaluation version of the Ixxat Safe software. You can easily evaluate the full-range functionality of our products for a limited time period and then decide to buy the full software license.