The IXXAT CIP Safety Software can be used for implementing CIP Safety Targets (slaves) and CIP Safety originator (master) devices based on EtherNet/IP or Sercos. When using Sercos as a non-secure communication protocol, all necessary adaptation modules for the connection to the Sercos stack or the Sercos IP are available. Getting started with the CIP Safety technology is simplified by the included PC demo, showing the capabilities and operation of a target and originator device.
Features & benefits
- Supported standards: CIP Safety specification Edition 2.19
- Supported platforms: PC demo, TÜV pre-certified and CIP Safety pre-conformance tested on PXA255 and ARM Cortex-M3
- Operating system independent – Runs with and without an operating system
- Supports CIP Safety on Sercos and EtherNet/IP
- Supports parallel CIP safety connection for Originator and Target
- Designed according to IEC 61508 for applications up to SIL-3
- Interfaces enable porting to different hardware and software platforms
- Simplified integration and re-certification on any target systems via included unit test suites and Safety Manual
CIP Safety Stack Target Architecture
Maintenance and Support
HMS offers technical support within the scope of an extra charged maintenance contract. This includes technical support and consultation regarding the use of CIP Safety preferably by e-mail or the direct telephone support by a developer at HMS or at customer site. Within the scope of a maintenance contract, new software versions are automatically sent to the customer free of charge; these include, among other things, bug fixes during the duration of the maintenance contract as well as changes due to adapted conformance tests.
- Technical support
Consultation regarding the usage of CIP Safety as well as concept and specification questions for safety relevant product or system solution.
- Hardware and software development services
As development partner we support you at the implementation and portation of CIP Safety, at the development of safety applications and safety hardware as well as at the certification. At this, you can benefit from our comprehensive CIP Safety know-how and our competence in the development of safety hardware and software.
Not sure in advance if the Ixxat Safe software matches to your needs? No problem, contact the HMS sales team and ask for an evaluation version of the Ixxat Safe software. You can easily evaluate the full-range functionality of our products for a limited time period and then decide to buy the full software license.