Universal Debug Engine - High Level Language Debugger Tool
UDE - The Flexible Debug Platform with
MultiCore Debugging Universal Debug Engine (UDE) as one of the most
powerful development workbenches available for Infineon's 16bit
as well the
architecture from STMicroelectronics, ARM7
TDMI derivatives from various manufacturers lets you organize
your projects, supports you while building applications and lets you run
and test your software in a very convenient and cost-efficient way. UDE
supports a number of different cores and Multicore Debugging as well as
standard debug features. Look to the
feature overview of Universal Debug Engine.
UDE provides full-featured JTAG OCDS Support L1 with emulator-like debug functionality - hardware breakpoints, hardware triggers, instruction trace features and more. UDE represents a completely new debugger architecture and tool concept based on a customizable set of standard components and core specific add-ons. UDE runs under Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
User Definable EnhancementsBeing an integrated part of UDE, the open interface for User Definable Enhancements enables you to easily create completely new types of applications:
- HTML Scripts based on standard UDE ActiveX Control and customer-specific controls together with PERL and JAVA scripts provide fully customized hardware visualization and control.
- The Automation Interfaces of the UDE components even allow to use basic UDE services for controlling the debugger and processing target communication, program flow control and symbol processing by external C/C++, VisualBasic and VBA applications.
- Substitution of the standard UDE desktop client by a customized desktop to fit the requirements of service tools, Matlab or another third-party tool integration by using the COM interface.
Unrivalled Flexible Target System Access
- JTAG OCDS L1 is fully supported by UDE offering direct high-speed access to the MCU´s internal units (registers, control unit...) and features like breakpoints, stepping in ROM/FLASH as well as complex trigger conditions without any external hardware or software resources.
- OCDS L2 instruction trace capability is available for all member of the TriCore family.
- Target ROM monitor and ASC Bootstrap loader / RAM monitor solutions for a flexible access via a wide variety of debug channels (ASC, SSC, 3PIN, CAN) are available (not required to access C166CBC, XC16x, TriCore and ARM targets).
Supported Microcontrollers in detailUDE offers comprehensive debug support for all of the TriCore family derivatives, the 16bit SAB C16x, C166CBC, the ST10F16x, ST10F26x and ST10F28x family, the enhanced C166S V2 (XC16x) family derivatives, the ARM7 TDMI, ARM9 TDMI family and further MCUs:
- C161 CI , C161 CS , C161 JC , C161 JS , C161 K , C161 O , C161 R , C161 U , C161 PI , C161 SI , C161 V (Infineon)
- C163 , C163-16F (Infineon)
- C164 CI (Infineon)
- C165 , C165 H , C165 UTAH (Infineon)
- 80C166 , 83C166 , 88C166 (Infineon)
- C167 CR , C167 CR-16F , C167 CS-32F (Infineon)
- XC161 CJ-16FF (Infineon)
- XC164 CM-8FF ,XC164 CS-8FF , XC164 CS-16FF (Infineon)
- XC167 CI-16FF (Infineon)
- ST10R163 , ST10F163 , ST10R165 , ST10F166 , ST10R167 , ST10F167 , ST10F168 , ST10F169 , ST10R172 (STMicroelectronics)
- ST10F251 , ST10F252 , ST10R271 , ST10R272 (STMicroelectronics)
- ST10R273 , ST10F275 , ST10F276 , ST10F280 , ST10F282 , ST10F269 , ST10F296 (STMicroelectronics)
- Vecon (Infineon)
- EGOLD (Infineon)
- SDA6000 (Micronas)
- SDA6001 (Micronas)
- TC11 IB (Infineon)
- TC1100 , TC1115 , TC1130 (Infineon)
- TC1765 (Infineon)
- TC1775 , TC1775 B (Infineon)
- TC1796 (Infineon)
- TC1910 (Infineon)
- TC1912 (Infineon)
- TC1920 A , TC1920 (Infineon)
- ARM7 TDMI and ARM9 TDMI AT91x40, AT91x92 (Atmel)
- ARM7 TDMI LPC2114,LPC2119,LPC2124,LPC2129,LPC2131,LPC2132,LPC2138,LPC2142,LPC2148,LPC2194 (Philips)
- ARM7 TDMI LPC2212,LPC2214,LPC2292,LPC2294 (Philips)
- ARM7 TDMI NS7520 (NetSilicon)
- ARM7 TDMI NET+15, NET+20, NET+40, NET+50
- ARM7 TDMI ST30 (STMicroelectronics)
- ARM7 TDMI STR710, STR711, STR712, STR720, STR730, STR731 (STMicroelectronics)
- ARM9 TDMI Atmel AT91RM9200 (Atmel)
Versions of Universal Debug Engine
- UDE for TriCore TC1130, TC1796
- UDE for C16x, C166
- UDE for C166CBC
- UDE for XC16x, XC166, C166S V2
- UDE for ARM7 TDMI
- UDE for ARM9 TDMI
Target System Communication
- ASC0/ASC1 asynchronous RS232
- ASC0/ASC1 asynchronous TTL
- ASC0/ASC1 synchronous RS485 (PROFIBUS compatible)
- SSC synchronous RS485
- SSC synchronous TTL
- 3Pin Interface (Software SSC) RS485
- 3Pin Interface (Software SSC) TTL
- 3Pin Interface (Hardware) TTL
- Full Speed CAN
- JTAG, JTAG OCDS L1 and L2
FLASH/OTP Programming In-SystemUniversal Debug Engine integrates High-Speed FLASH/OTP Programming Support - UDE MemTool for internal FLASH/OTP, external FLASH EPROMs (AM29F xxx and i28F xxx family) and any other JEDEC-compatible FLASH.
CompilersFor your convenience, UDE supports all of the available C/C++ Compilers:
- CARM Compiler (Keil)
- GNU C/C++ for ARM7 (HighTec)
- ADS ARM® Developer Suite (ARM®)
- ImageCraft Compiler (ImageCraft)
The UDE graphical display window is a powerful
visualization tool, which helps to accelerate the evaluation of complex
target program data from process environment and by the verification of
complex software algorithms. It can be used with all microcontroller
families supported by UDE.
The UDE window displays pre-processed target system data as curves of a 2-dimensional scientific diagram. This feature makes it easier to visualize and evaluate target data to accelerate the verification of complex software algorithms and input from process environment.
Basic features of the Graphic Display Window:
- Multiple curves in one diagram window
- Separate x- and y-axis for each curve
- Flexible calculation of curve data points from target program data with UDE expressions
- Update of data after program hold or with programmable refresh rates during running and stopped target program
- Legend, Cursor, Zoom, Pan, Axis markers
- Save and restore of complex settings in UDE workspace and separate file
- Printer support.
- The new Illuminator communication mode using the JTAG OCDS L1 interface of C166CBC microcontrollers supports System Level Debugging within the Illuminator's Run Mode.
- All other communication interfaces of the target system may be used by the OSE application without any restrictions.
- Universal Debug Engine provides fast application downloading and easy FLASH/OTP programming.
- As a sophisticated HLL Debugger, Universal Debug Engine offers all standard features to debug applications at kernel level.
- The JTAG OCDS bus provides a significant higher communication speed compared to the standard serial interface. Additionally, no further hardware resources are required for the debug channel.
- Systematic test case design using the classification tree method: Intuitive, easy to learn graphical representation of test specifications.
- Quick overview of test objects interface and variable usage within interface browser tools.
- Easy creation of module environment: Definition of unresolved references and all necessary stubs.
- Automatic test driver generation, test execution and evaluation of test results.
- Test driver in client/server technology allows unlimited number of test cases and minimum code/data requirements on the target system.
- Powerful support for regression testing: An interface browser tool shows both old and changed interfaces and provides comfortable interface assignment which allows automatic reusage of test data.
- For C166/ ST10 and TriCore target systems Tessy is available with Universal Debug Engine (UDE).
StethoScope is developed by Real-Time Innovations, Inc. (RTI). RTI is a leading developer of new tools for the growing real-time software market.
OCDS L2 Instruction TraceHard real-time debugging requires close interaction with the processor. Tracing shall provide a chronological picture of a systems inner workings up to, starting from or in the vicinity an event, mainly to guide a human in understanding a faulty program. OCDS L2 was defined for this purpose and is available on the TriCore derivatives. The OCDS L2 unit of the TriCore derivatives supports the recording of a running program's trace. In combination with the JTAG OCDS L1 unit a comfortable watching of the program flow in real-time is possible. UDE, the Universal Debug Engine, supports basically the OCDS unit by the Universal Access Device add-on. OCDS L2 Instruction Trace is supported by the Universal Access Device - Trace Board option.
Update and Upgrade, Technical SupportWhen you purchase an UDE Development Environment, you get a FREE Update Service for the UDE Debugger and the UDE-Mon Portable Monitor Development Kit for 12 months. The Update Service includes approximately two new software releases of the products including documentation, regular product news and updates or upgrades of other development environment components ( software, compiler, editor, evaluation hardware...) at a favorable price. For questions or problems we offer you our Technical Support Hotline. We specialize in supporting your whole development environment including interaction between the tools.
IBM Personal Computer or 100% compatible; Pentium III ( or higher) processor running at 700MHz with 256MByte RAM; Operating System Microsoft Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT4.0 ( SP6 or higher), Windows 2000 ( SP2 or higher), Windows XP; Windows 2000 (SP2 or higher) recommend; Windows Scripting Host V5.6; Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher; Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher; 300MByte space on local hard-disk; CD-ROM drive for installation; One IEEE1394-OHCI Interface for Universal Access Device or one Parallel Port Interface for Universal Access Device or one 16bit ISA slot for fast-PC67C/ISA or one PCI slot for fast-PC67C/PCI or one PCMCIA Type II Slot for fast-PC65C/PCMCIA.
TriCore is a trademark of Infineon Technologies. Altium, TASKING and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Altium Limited. Keil Software and the Keil Software Logo are registered trademarks of Keil Software, Inc. Green Hills Software and the Green Hills Software logo are registered trademarks of Green Hills Software, Inc. ARM, EmbeddedICE and Thumb are a registered trademarks of ARM Limited. ARM7, ARM9 and Embedded Trace Macrocell, are trademarks of ARM Limited. ST is a registered trademark of companies belonging to the STMicroelectronics Group. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders.