Monitor Development Kit UDE-Mon
Universal Target System Access to ANY C16x, XC16x, ST10 HardwareThe basic package includes target monitors for a number of evaluation boards, a generic bootstrap loader ASC and bootstrap loader CAN monitor.
The Monitor Development Kit UDE-Mon provides a portable monitor development solution for the Universal Debug Engine (UDE) and the fast-view66/win which allows to create application hardware specific monitors for C16x, XC16x, ST10, TriCore based target systems. Beside the ASC0 and CAN, a number of additional serial interfaces are supported to achieve maximum flexibility in adapting the microcontroller hardware.
The monitor for C16x, ST10 support for example requires about 3kByte in ROM/FLASH (4kByte with CAN support/debugging) and 100Bytes in RAM. Except for CAN debugging which might be used in parallel to an application running the CAN, debugging via a particular serial interface disables this interface for the application.
The portable monitor toolkit is available for the Tasking, KEIL and the GNU (HighTec) compilers.
- The content depends from the supported derivative. In generally
the source code for various communication paths between target and
host PC is available:
- Asynchronous serial interface via ASC0/ASC1.
- Asynchronous serial interface with ASC bootstrap loader support via ASC0/ASC1.
- Synchronous serial interface via SSC.
- 3Pin serial interface (emulated Software SSC).
- CAN serial interface. The CAN interface may be shared with the application.
- CAN with CAN bootstrap loader support. The CAN interface may be shared with the application.
- Monitor Main Code in multiple object files for the C16x, XC16x, ST10 controller derivatives.
- Source examples for monitor reset code.
- Software is for free use in customer applications (no royalties), but not for resale as a development tool.
- For your convenience, the first monitor adaptation to your target system is FREE of charge.
Ordering ConditionsAny order must include the Monitor Configuration Form (available from pls or distributors). The specific demands of the customer will be accepted by acknowledgement of the order.
- Basic UDE-Mon/B: Monitor software including one fully configured adaptation depending on the customer requirements. Support during start-up of the customized monitor via telephone or e-mail. Additional customer specific configurations may be generated by the user. Configuration services by pls available upon request.
- Basic UDE-Mon/AC: Additionally to Basic: One additional customized adaptations.
- Source UDE-Mon/LII: Additionally to Basic: All sources for target routines including source updates via Internet and customized adaptations for one year.
Resources required by the monitor (C16x, ST10 derivatives):
- 3...4kByte ROM, 100Bytes of RAM
- Trap Number 0x7E
- communication channel interrupt
- optional one timer (for execution time measurement)
- when using CAN Monitor: 2 message objects, group of 4 identifiers
- when using 3Pin-Interface Monitor: 3 available port pins
Special Solutions available:
- ASC bootstrap loader + ASC / SSC / CAN / 3Pin combines availability of special interfaces with the convenience of ROMless debug target systems
- Service Monitors for all interfaces available for integrating into the product. Especially useful for on-site control and parametering the application.
Please ask for your monitor solution.
TriCore is a trademark of Infineon Technologies. Altium, TASKING and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Altium Limited. ST is a registered trademark of companies belonging to the STMicroelectronics Group. Keil Software and the Keil Software Logo are registered trademarks of Keil Software, Inc.