Evalboard for 16-bit Infineon C16x-family Controllers
The PHYTEC Advantage
See what makes buying from PHYTEC the best choice for your embedded development needs.
Save time by integrating a PHYTEC Single Board Computer Module into your target circuitry.
Make vs. Buy
Why make your own when you can buy PHYTEC off-shelf solutions?
Integrated Support Services
Let PHYTEC assist you in the design of your end product: from tools and RTOS to production
Talk to PHYTEC technical staff with every call. No waiting for answers.
Your OEM solution
With 20 years design, production, and integration experience, PHYTEC is your OEM partner.
PART #: KC-167-KSM04
The kitCON is a dedicated Evaluation Board in EURO-card dimensions (160 x 100 mm.) supporting the Infineon C16x-family and its C161, C163, C164CI and C167Cx controllers. All boards in the kitCON series and offer a wire wrap field for easy integration of user-designed peripheral hardware/circuitry and include all hardware needed for immediate power-up is on-board, including two DB-9 nodes (configurable as RS-232 and/or RS-485/CAN) and power connectors. This hardware setup makes the kitCON series a perfect evaluation platform.
The Infineon C167CR, supported by the kitCON-16, extends the functionality and power of the C166 core by adding full 2.0B CAN on-chip, 16 MB linear address space for CODE and DATA, 111 I/O lines, a 16-channel A/D-converter with 10-bit resolution, 32-channel CAPTURE-COMPARE unit, 4 PWM outputs and 9 Timers/Counters. The kitCON-164 supports the C164CI, which brings full on-chip CAN technology in a down-scale alternate to the high-featured C167CR.
The kitCON is also available with the following C16x-family controllers. Please note that availability is subject to quantity on hand, with special order delivery possible with a minimum order quantity (MOQ) of 25 units:
C167CS controller, offering all features of the C167CR and one additional CAN interface
C161O/V/K, delivering true 16-bit performance at 8-bit price
- Dedicated Evalboard in EURO-card format, including wrap field for user-designed peripheral hardware/circuitry
- Populated with various Infineon C16x-family controllers
- 64 KB (to 1 MB) SRAM
- 256 KB (to 2 MB) Flash
- All controller signals, ports, data- and address-lines are available at the pin rows adjacent to the wrap field
- Uniform kitCON-series pin-out (data-bus, address-bus, Chip-Select signals, VCC, GND, ports, Interrupts, Reset, etc.) enables the quick and easy interchange and expansion with supplemental cards, including other kitCON boards
- RS-232 serial interface and supplemental debug-interface
- Up to 4 free Chip-Select Signals for easy connection to peripheral hardware
- Watchdog Timer, Power-Down modes, 3 to 9 Timers/Counters
- Provision for easy operation with in-circuit emulators via ICEconnect-16x and Quad-Connect connector pods
- Unregulated 9V/300 mA. power supply
- Serial cable for Flash download
- AC adapter